I finally got started on my Operation Tackle That Bead Stash monthly colour challenge piece last night. The theme this month is ice cream, so my entry has to be made in shades of cream, pink and brown. For an extra entry in the prize draw, it also has to incorporate flowers in it somewhere as well.
When I first saw the theme for this month, my initial reaction was - "I don't think I have any brown beads!" Well, I took a little time to rummage through all my bead boxes and lo and behold, I did have some brown beads (not a lot, but more than I thought!) as well as some cream and pink too.
With the selection of beads and my disposal all collected together I decided I wanted to make something multi-stranded, and that I fancied using copper findings as opposed to my usual silver. Whether this piece will end up as a bracelet or necklace I'm not 100% sure, but here is what I had as of last night.
As you can see, I've got the required colours, plus some shell and polymer clay flower beads to cover the extra element of the challenge. I think I will get some more time on this piece this evening so I will see how it evolves - I am thinking of adding a beadwoven rope strand but I'm not sure which stitch I want to use.
I'll be sure to post a picture of the finished jewellery when I'm done.