Friday 19 October 2012

We're going to a bead show!

It's that time of year once again. The end of October draws closer, and that means only one thing if you're a beader - the Big Bead Show at Sandown Racecourse! 

Like a lot of beaders, I do most of my supplies shopping online as although there is a bead shop fairly near me, it's only small and doesn't sell a lot of the beads I like to use in my work. The Big Bead Show is liking having at least 50 bead shops under the same roof, selling everything one could possibly want for creating all kinds and styles of jewellery. I've written myself a shopping list, since I'm building up stock for Christmas craft fairs, so I need a list to keep me focused on what I really need...but I'm sure I'll spot something not on the list that I just 'have' to have (fortunately it was my birthday earlier in the month so I have a reasonable kitty to help fund my purchases!)

I am also thrilled to announce that my entry into the British Bead Awards was selected as one of the finalists, so I will be hot-footing it to the show right from the start to attend the prize giving. The judges have already picked the winners, but they will be announced at the show - I am proud of my piece but I am going with no expectations, just with pride at having my work on display for all the visitors to the show to see. I am also looking forward to getting to meet some of the members of the online bead group OTTBS in person - including Dee of Wingsmith's Bead Creations, who has also made as a finalist for the awards. I'll let you know how I get on - and post pictures of my piece if you aren't going to be at Sandown on Saturday to see it in the flesh, when I return. I'll also probably have photos of my beady purchases to show you too!

For more info on the Big Bead Show, here's a link to their website.

I'll leave you with a picture of my latest new piece up for grabs in my shop - a gorgeous 'Starflower' bracelet in silver and violet, featuring glass pearls and one of my favourite seed bead shades, gold-lustered 'moonshadow' purple.

TTFN - and happy shopping if you are off to the fair on Saturday!

Nicole 
xoxo

No comments: