Monday 16 June 2008

Race for Life 2008

Well, yesterday I managed to move myself along a distance of 5km, under my own steam, along with 3500 other people to raise money for Cancer Research UK.

Yes, I took part in my local Race for Life event, and what a day it was for it - nice and sunny but with a good breeze to keep us cool. We didn't run (except for a little dash at the start to get out of the way since we semi-accidentally ended up amongst the more serious runners!) but we made it round in a pretty respectable 52 minutes. I was expecting to ache this morning but nope, my legs still appear to be in perfect working order. Think the next aim is to do some running training and maybe join some people from work in entering a 10k event - I think I might have caught the running/jogging bug :S

Finished a few bracelets over the weekend too but the photos are on my home computer and I'm at work as I write this. Will post pics later hopefully.

TTFN

1 comment:

CHRIS LINACRE said...

Welcome to the world of blogging - the necklace is lovely. I will add you to my list of Beady Blogs
x Chris