Monday 17 January 2011

First New Pieces of 2011

I have finally managed to a) finish and b) get half decent photographs of two new pieces I was working on over the Christmas/New Year holiday so that I could list them in my Folksy shop. I am a big lover of tactile jewellery...fringing, embellishment, dangles, charms and jangly bits - I am one of those people who can't help but play with whatever jewellery I'm wearing (this also comes in handy for testing the resilience of my work!).

I'd been gathering a little collection of semi-precious blue goldstone beads in my stash, and following the purchase of some gorgeous and in some cases, unusual, new crystals, I suddenly had an inkling of what sort of piece I could use my goldstone in. With the addition of seed beads in a lovely shade of metallic dark blue called 'Cosmos' I have ended up with this finished bracelet which I have named 'Twilight.'

'Twilight' Beadwoven bracelet

'Twilight' Beadwoven bracelet

This bracelet is now up for sale here in my Folksy shop.

After I'd completed 'Twilight,' I still had the urge to make a similar piece, in another colour scheme...and predictably, since it's my favourite colour and therefore I had a LOT of beads to choose from, I came up with a purple version.

Twilight's unnamed purple cousin

This piece is yet to be named, so please feel free to post a comment if you have any ideas what it should be called. As well as the obligatory seed beads, this bracelet features Czech fire-polished rounds, Swarovski crystal bicones (my particular favourite are the purple velvet ab2x ones), glass flowers, dyed freshwater pearls and some wonderful dark purple semi-precious faceted agate beads.

I haven't listed this one on Folksy yet as I haven't gone through all the materials I've used so I can price it accordingly, once I've done that, it too will be up for sale in my shop.

Hope you've enjoyed a look at what I've been up to lately :)

N
XOXO

1 comment:

Quernus Crafts said...

That's beautiful, Nicole! I love the Twilight piece in particular! It's so intricate, and the colours perfectly complement each other!