Saturday 29 January 2011

My Heart's Desire...new Valentine's themed braclet

Apologies for the lack of blog updates...I have been rather busy with my day job, and also been continually frustrated by the lack of decent daylight at the moment! I am only around for a short time in the morning before work, and at this time of year, the light at 9am on grey days just isn't good enough to get decent photos of my jewellery. My newest piece was actually finished a week ago, but had to wait another week until I could get pictures of it in afternoon daylight. 


I made a bracelet similar to this in shades of teal and turquoise with a silver-foil lined glass focal, and when I saw Julie Fountain of Lush Lampwork was making gorgeous lampwork frosted heart beads, I thought they'd work wonderfully as focal charms. It's taken me a while to get around to using one, and in the meantime I found some lovely pressed glass heart beads with an AB finish at the Big Bead Show in October which I thought would work well. So, with the knowledge that Valentine's day is only a few weeks away, I decided I should have something with heart theme in my Folksy shop, and thus, my latest piece of beadwork was born.





I was also nicely surprised to open up the February 2011 issue of Beads and Beyond magazine and see that my Glittering Gunmetal bracelet had been featured in their reader's gallery. Did you know that you can upload your handmade jewellery to their website and each month they pick their favourites to include in the magazine? Well you do now, so head over and upload something you've created and you too could get a pleasant surprise like me and see you work in print.


That's all for now...next in the pipeline for me is to start work on some bridal jewellery for a friend who gets married in July. 

Nicole
XOXO

No comments: