Wednesday 25 January 2012

BTW - What's On My Bead Mat, 25th Jan 2012

It's Wednesday again, and therefore that time of the week for me to show you a snapshot of what I'm working on at the moment. Here's what my bead mat looks like today.


As you can see, the floral motif that I was working on last week is finished and I'm really pleased with it. A friend has asked me if it would work as a necklace, so I'm going to have a go at making it a pendant and seeing if it hangs alright...it's a fairly big beadwork flower and the crystals give it a reasonable weight too. I have plans to make more of these and hopefully write a tutorial on it for other beaders to have a go too.

The WIP I have on the go is another right angle weave (RAW) bracelet in the same style as this silver and purple 'Rita' bracelet I made recently.


As you can see, I've started this new version off in glass pearls that are a lovely teal/seafoam green colour and some transparent teal seed beads. I've almost finished the base and then will be embellishing it with some matching teal and turquoise fire-polished crystals. Hopefully I'll have finished it by the time BTW comes around again.

What's on your bead table today?

Nicole
xoxo

No comments: